Monday, March 21, 2011

Love, Love, Love.



"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
~Dr. Suess

This was the quote used to open the wedding of my oldest brother and his beautiful bride just yesterday in Bethesda, MD. For those of you who do not know my brother, please breathe. It's not crazy or from out in left field. it.was.perfect. At first, I too was shocked. Saying weird in a wedding? What's that?! But really, honestly, it was quite appropriate. Then it was time for the ring. Well the wedding rings didn't come in due to money laundering, corruption, police activity, and the like. Ok, so I don't know the real story, but it doesn't matter. What matters is the replacements that were used. Please see below.  Notice the extremely large, LED, blue ring on Andy's hand. Deidre has a matching white one.


Priceless.

After their handwritten vows were exchanged and ya girl shed a few worthy tears, we all kicked off our wedding shoes and put on our dancin' ones. We partied until the last song and then the second last song too. I loved spending this special day with my friends and family. Speaking of, I spotted my entire family out on the dance floor at least once during the day. I was so proud!


The colors of the wedding were brown and robin's egg blue, and everything was color appropriate even down to the chocolate martinis and electric blue lemonade. Deidre happens to have a second love of
birds cute little small birds too, so those were included in the decorations as well. Super cute!
The greatest hit though might have been the photo booth that entertained guests for hours, incorporating props and as many people as possible into the little booth for six frames to create a lasting often hilarious memories for the Birde and Groom. Such a great idea!
Photo Courtesy of Budge Bean and the Photo Booth folks
When everyone had danced, laughed, and mingled long enough, we left the beautiful Strathmore Mansion and took the party back to the hotel restuarant. I had the honor of driving the beautiful Bride and her maid of honor back for the post partying.

I wish it could've lasted longer, but this lady had to get to bed early so that she could head back out on this morning. It was definitely hard to say goodbye to my family, but I'll see them again soon. Next family wedding: Cousin Sam will marry his beautiful fiance, Whitney, Next June! I've decided I love this whole wedding-going thing.

Countdown to July 16th for the Best Friend's wedding already on the way. WHOO HOO!!

Title: "All You Need Is Love"-The Beatles

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and sums up the wedding awesome-ness (or is it awesomeness). It was a pleasure having you as my date. I was, after all, one of the two hottest groomsmaids at the party. Fantastic party weekend. Now. MUST. SLEEP.

    Lots of love,
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like it was a blast!!! so happy for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fun, special wedding! Thanks for writing it up so well. Glad we got to be in the same place at the same time!

    ReplyDelete