Sunday, March 27, 2011

Faith.

I stand in awe of Your Beauty
Taken at a TCU football game
Yesterday, I was talking to my sweet friend Patty. I asked her how she was doing. She said "It's been a tough week, but I got to see God answer a prayer this week." You know you have a good realtionship with a person when they are willing to tell you everything's not "good". I said, "Yea?" She said "Yes!"
It went like this: her good friend went to be with the Lord one year ago, and Patty, following graduation, went to the big city and out on her own. Her family and friends from home are a thousand miles away in the frozen tundra of Michigan, and this week was tough being apart on this one year anniversary. Like every other day though, she woke up in her shared apartment, went to work surrounded by coworkers going about their daily lives, and all she wanted was time alone. She had a really sad day remembering the beauty and life of her friend, but she prayed to God and asked for some time alone to just sit and be with Him. She finished her long day and decided to stop by the Y for a quick workout on her way to her apartment. It was a beautiful day, so she decided to run outside. She started down the path and stumbled upon a sign that said "Chapel in the Woods" this way.
God answers our prayers in His time.

2 comments: