First order of business, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY!!!!
What does it take to recharge your batteries? For me, it’s a couple things. Here we go:
My last days off were at the beginning of September. I went to South Carolina for my Katie’s engagement party, aka first real reunion of my group since we graduated. Bliss. I mingled with friends both new and old for a whole night and basked in the moment. The next day we went to the BIG game!! It was one of the few times I’ve ever done a REAL tailgate, and thanks to the Hopkins family, we tailgated in fine style. For what, you might ask? My Blue Hose were facing the (Clemson) Tigers at Death Valley. Now, you might think it’s interesting, as I did, to know that a former PC football coach gave the name “Death Valley” to the Tigers many years ago, and here we were once more in the same location that deserved the same name. I won’t sit here and tell you that it was a terrible game because that’s not so. The first half, yes, was terrible, but if we only kept score the second half of the game, my Blue Hose would have come out on top! Too bad there are two halves to that game. Since it was an afternoon game, we finished fairly early in the evening. I decided to surprise the Pops for his birthday. I borrowed Tricia’s car and drove all the way to Dalton that night. Surprise Daddy-o! In the morning, I was so glad to get to go to church with my parents. Of course, I love going for Spiritual growth, but the 6 little girls (young ladies) that are always there with open arms definitely make it extra worth it. I have watched these girls grow up, one of which is now in high school, and I absolutely cannot believe it! They truly have been such a blessing in my life. I miss them terribly.
Words cannot describe how much I loved this!
After taking two days to recharge my batteries with family and friends, I headed off to the Lonestar State. I flew into the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport and knew that what I had heard about Texas was true, everything is bigger in Texas. That airport is a trip and a half! I didn’t run into trouble until I left Texas, but it was big nonetheless. I am proud to say I got the “Jetsetter” Badge on Foursquare when I arrived in Dallas. Guess I do in fact do a little jet-setting in job. I arrived at TCU and met my sisters at Gamma Chi. I love this chapter and met such amazing women! I learned to play beach volleyball too thanks to these ladies. No, don’t ask. I’m not any good. I’ll stick to running. They were able to get me a ticket to the TCU/Baylor football game, and I was in “Frog” heaven! :D Football in Texas….again, they do things bigger in Texas, especially football! Needless to say, I had a blast. The Horned Frogs destroyed the Baylor Bears. I have to be nice because I will be visiting Baylor this month. No worries, I’m sure their performance on the field is not a reflection of their ADPi chapter.Gooooo Frogs!
After a full week with my sisters at TCU, I headed back to the East Coast to Florida Atlantic University, Theta Kappa chapter. Wow, what an awesome experience this has been. Another consultant, Jenni, and I were here for their VERY FIRST Formal Recruitment. They did an amazing job. So well, in fact, they DOUBLED their chapter. I am so proud of them! I really enjoyed working with Jenni as well! I’m glad she was here because I don’t think I would have made it during those 4:30-5:00 AM nights. That’s right, my friends, I stayed up until 4:30 or 5 three of the four nights of Recruitment. During the week, we clocked about 80 hours. Too bad we aren’t paid by the hour, though! I have loved my time here in South Florida. I have even made it to the beach, for 30 minutes, but still. I am leaving Sunday to go to Eta chapter at the University of Alabama. I’ll just be right next door to my state! Until next time...remember to take time to recharge your batteries too!Recap: To recharge my batteries, I need:
Friends, Family, Church, Football, and exercise (ok, this wasn’t included, but it’s a must EVERY DAY!)
I just keep going and going and going...like this guy. Yes, I have cool shades too.

thanks for the birthday shout-out! :) It was so so great to talk to you!!!
ReplyDelete