October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
George Cooper October's Party.
Fall. It is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the richness and beauty of each and every day.
During my visits, I often go running around campus. It’s a great way to see the campus, and it helps to keep me somewhat in shape. I love running in the fall especially. Not only are the temperatures more conducive to physical activity of choice, but the season just makes running much more enjoyable. Some days, I leave my ipod behind and just soak up the sights and sounds of the season. The crunching of leaves beneath my feet; the flight of a single leaf to the ground; the sound of acorns falling from the trees; and sometimes light rain drops on my head. I love fall.
Beautiful fall tree at the University of Delaware: where fall comes a little earlier.
This week I have had the opportunity to experience several of Baylor’s Homecoming traditions, and I love traditions. My bucket list, in fact, includes: start a tradition. Even though they weren’t mine, I really enjoyed being a part of this year’s 101st Baylor Homecoming. This morning I watched a parade of floats put together by student organizations, and they were magnificent. I was thoroughly impressed see pics below. I also went to the Homecoming football game this afternoon; however, after three lone plays, the game was suspended due to inclement weather. It didn’t really look like it was going to storm, so we stayed in place. Not ten minutes later did we watch sheets of rain approach the panicked stadium. As the rain entered the playing field, we knew we were toast rather, soaked. We ran down the bleachers ducking ahh, what I would have given for some webbed feet today in between the floods of people and floods of, well, water and across the field to the not nearest exit. I can now say I’ve been on the Baylor football field. It was an exciting mind you, wet adventure. Needless to say, I didn’t stay for the game in fear that I might end up with hypothermia. What a day!
My two favorite floats
Pi Kappa Phi's Float: How the Big 12 Was Won
Alpha Delta Pi's Float: We're Not in Kansas Anymore
No comments:
Post a Comment