Laughter is the sensation of feeling good all over and showing it principally in one place. ~Josh Billings
I.love.laughing. There’s no question about it.
After spending a fabulous 5 days in the northeast visiting the University of Delaware, I headed back to Atlanta to be reunited with my consultant sisters and our fabulous boss, Duran Durant. What an anticipated trip! Immediately upon our arrival, we picked right back up where we left off this summer. We had a great weekend catching up and sharing our travel stories thus far.
Me and my Theta Delta sisters at the RMH of Wilmington, DE
On Saturday, I got to see my parents for breakfast which was fabulous. We ate the Corner Café in Buckhead. I highly recommend the oatmeal. They brought me some much needed winter clothes. My sundresses just weren’t cutting it in Delaware; however, they work perfectly now that I’m in Texas visiting Baylor, but it’s nice to have some warm clothes for my upcoming visits. It was so great to see my mom so happy. If you haven’t heard, she began teaching a Pre-K class last week, and she is almost giddy with excitement about this opportunity!
Sunday was another great, fun-filled day! I attended a chapel service with my dear friends, the Lansings. So blessed! The consultants and I then learned all about the world of expansion, ie. what it takes to start a chapter on a campus. It’s all very well planned, and I look forward to the opportunity of being apart of a colonization of a new chapter. How fun! Afterwards, I went to my very first Blue Angels air show with Kenneth. He is working on his pilot’s license, so he knew all about the show. I had so many questions, but I spared him several. It was a very cool experience. Even though I’ve never seen a show before Sunday, I have been to the Blue Angels museum in Pensacola before. Never know when those Middle School Mystery Trips will come in handy (Thanks JR!)! After the air show, I met up with Tricia for Fro Yo. Again, I love this stuff! So light, so fit, so fabulous! Then Duran Durant had all of the consultants over to her house for a FIESTA! No, literally, a fiesta complete with all things Mexican. If you know me at all, you know that I absolutely love Mexican food, so of course, I was excited. Now, here is where I realized how much I love to laugh. We sat around the coffee table eating together and telling story after story and just cracking up. What an incredible night with 7 incredible women. I am so blessed!
Goal of weekend: take a full group pic. Fail, but I love this one!
A slight glimpse of the fantastic show!
Where to now? I arrived in Waco, TX on Monday. I’m here for their Homecoming week, and my, oh my am I excited! They are feverishly working on their float as we speak (yes, I should be helping, but I felt a need to update y’all on my life). The events for the week include: Pigskin (a song and dance type thing put on by groups from Greek life), a bonfire, a PARADE, and a FOOTBALL GAME!! As you can tell, I’m not sure for which I am more excited, but I can’t wait for either!!
After a great week at Baylor, I’ll jet set again. This time I’ll stay in Texas and go to the University of North Texas, and then off to Furman. That’s right! I’m going to Greenville, and fancy that, I have two days off before I visit Furman, so I will be staying with Katie and hopefully the crew will come down! After Furman, I head up to Washington and Lee . I love VA, so this will be great! It’s then off to Kansas to go to Kansas State and the University of Kansas. Ahh I will be able to say, “Toto, we ARE in Kansas.” That is if I come across a small pup named Toto of course. Otherwise, I promise to refrain from saying anything. Then it’s back to Georgia for my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving! This year I have so much to be thankful for, and I can’t wait to spend time with the fam!
Until next time, my friends!
"...and after Kansas, I'll visit the state's neighbor to the north, Nebraska, to see the great city of Omaha, birthplace of a really great girl."
ReplyDeleteI know you meant to put that in and just forgot. Don't worry, I got your back.