I wonder if I have become like this in my own life. I get so very caught up in what I’m doing that I forget to see the big picture. If you want to get technical, the fovea view. It’s the part of the eye used for sharp vision so for reading, watching TV, driving etc. It works with other parts of the eye to see the big picture, but what if I have stopped seeing that big picture. I don’t think I have, but that day I could only see the details. I worry sometimes that I am moving through this thing called life too fast. Yes, these 2 day chapter visits aren’t helping me slow down much, but I need to really begin thinking about how I’m spending my time. I need to slow down. I want to write more letters, read more books, call more friends, and I can’t do these things if I’m trying to speed through life. Have you caught yourself speeding through and simply checking things off the to-do list?
So I mentioned my travels earlier, and I would like to share my February Schedule:
Visual of the past few weeks:
Delta Pi surprised me on my birthday. Celebrating in Ripon, WI
Celebrating my birthday with some best friends in the ATL
Me and my roommates at District Leadership Conference for District V
One of my favorite chapters-Gamme Upsilon, University of North Texas
Another fave-Gamma Chi, Texas Christian University
MK. I loved it. Because I fascinate myself with my ability to get caught up in work.
ReplyDeleteThank YOU for the reminder not to.
Amen, sister! Very insightful and encouraging post! Love you and miss you.
ReplyDelete