Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fro Yo

Yep, you read that right. I need to take a moment to talk about the craze that is frozen yogurt.
For me, it all began during training this summer when my super chic consultant sister, Emily, suggested that we go to a place called Pinkberry for frozen yogurt. Yes, I had had frozen yogurt when I was younger. Can we say TCBYchocolateandvanillaswirlwithcookiedough? Yes, most days before dance class, healthy? Who cares, I was 10. Since then though, I haven’t had it. Anywhoo, we went to this Pinkberry place and there were choices, so many choices. I got to choose my flavor and then pick three toppings. That was cool. Thanks for that experience Emily. I thought I was done.

Second chapter visit, Zeta Omega, University of Central Florida. Alex, current President, suggested that we go for fro yo. Coincidence? I think not. We went to a place where I got to create my own concoction. For $0.48 an ounce, I could have what ever frozen yogurt (fro yo) I wanted, and then, and then there was a toppings bar. I got to choose my toppings! This was great. I could get use to this, and good thing I did because it seems to be a phenomena that is sweeping the country. I am proud to say I have had fro yo at the following schools and in the following cities (doing my part to help support the young entrepreneurs across the country):
Vinings
University of Central Florida
University of Arkansas
Kansas City, MO
University of Alabama
University of Delaware
Virginia Highlands
Baylor University
North Texas University
University of Miami

Hey, before you question my level of healthy eating, let me just familiarize you with the facts:
Fat free or low fat
Low calorie
High in Calcium and protein
Helps digestion
Boosts immunity
Fruit options for toppings
Tastes yummy
The list could go on and on!

Do I take into consideration the amount of fro yo I get at a visit when deciding if it was a good one? Perhaps ;)
 Example of some fro yo I had in Miami for the visual learners:
Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Tart with blueberries, strawberries, and of course, cookie dough

2 comments:

  1. Well then, I'll just have to make sure we get fro yo when you come to DC. There are many options!

    ReplyDelete