I arrived at Epsilon Chi and walked to my room and found the following on my door:
Yep, I fell in love with Epsilon Chi the moment I arrived.
After quickly bonding and finding my nitch here at LU, Sister Panhellenic Delegate, Regan, mentioned baking peanut butter s'more turnovers. My, my. That includes some of my favorite things. Why yes I would like to help you bake that. We definitely were trained to handle this.Tomorrow night? Great! You can find the SUPER DUPER EASY recipe here. I tried to document it, but I haven't perfected the art of capturing edible photos yet.
Then the next day they had their Lion Share Challenge. Don't remember what that is? Read about it here! Epsilon Chi's was "Miles 4 Smiles" a 5K, so of course, I was all over that.
Smiles, check. Gettin ready for the miles. |
Below are the results of my photo tour of Longwood, mainly for Lori's sake that's her alma mater.
Photo Captions:
Top Left-Longwood has secret two secret societies that aren't much of a secret because they have these painted every where. The secret lies in the identity of the members. Anywhoo, the crowns are painted around campus, and if you step on them it is good luck; however, there is one society called "Chi", and it is a service society. They commend organizations on campus for acts of servitude. Their symbol is the rotunda which are also painted on the sidewalks around campus. Everyone avoids stepping on those out of respect for the service to mankind. Pretty cool, huh?
Top Right-this is the gorgeous inside of the main building on campus. It used to be a female college, and this is where all the women lived.
Bottom Left-of course the school has been around for much longer, but it wasn't called Longwood University until 2002
Bottom Right-that's me in front of the formerly women's hall on campus.
Tis all for now. I can't believe I have only 2 visits left. My time has flown!!

Did you say PB s'more turnovers? Thanks for making my stomach growl in the middle of the night with no sweets in sight! :-)
ReplyDelete