For Good-Wicked
(Glinda) I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good
(Elphaba) It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Who knew that I would hear this song and immediately reflect on the past year of my life? As I continued listening to the lyrics, I knew this song would be the theme song of my year of travels. I have and am going to continue to meet people this year that will change me.They will help me to better myself. Every new experience is an opportunity to better my best. I can only grow from every obstacle that I face. I have been blessed with the greatest friends and family in the world and now with a close circle of consultant sisters, and I know that I would not be who I am right now had I not met those people. So what have I been doing of late? I know you all have been anxiously awaiting my post, and I’m sorry to have left you hanging for so long.
The stunning house of Zeta Omega at University of Central Florida
I finished up a fabulous visit at the Zeta Omega chapter of Alpha Delta Pi at the University of Central Florida on Saturday with a fabulous Bid Day. The women of Zeta Omega got a WONDERFUL Alpha class. The New members ran all the way home, something I have never seen before. It was insane, but I loved all of the excitement. I was treated to a lovely Bid Day dinner at the Gaylord Palms Resort, and after two trips to the dessert line, I must say it was scrumptious.I headed out on Tuesday to Fayetteville, Arkansas, home of the Razorbacks. This is my first visit to an SEC school, and I think if I had to go back, I would probably have attended and SEC school. I love the atmosphere here (not to mention the perfect weather). SO MUCH school spirit! On that note, I went to my first (that’s right, FIRST) collegiate Pep Rally last night. It was so great! The Alphas and I went to represent ADPi at the freshmen Pep Rally (I am a freshmen to real life, so I counted too). We cheered and chanted for a good 1.5 hours. Yes, the Pep Rally was only 30 minutes, but we had to get there early to stake our ground. It was well worth it too! I’m so glad to see the excitement of these Alphas. They are going to do great things for the Delta Delta chapter of Alpha Delta Pi. Tomorrow we leave for the Chapter Retreat. I have met with the Membership Education Vice President (because I’m a good LC), and all of the plans for the Retreat are in place. I’m super pumped! The retreat is in Oklahoma, so hello first trip to OK “where the winds come sweeping down the plains”!
Alphas pumped up and ready to go cheer on the Hogs (Razorbacks, Hogs-so interchangable!)
The gorgeous house at the Delta Delta chapter at the University of Arkansas!
This is all I have for you at this point. I head off to NW Missouri State University on Sunday to assist with Spirit Week (the week prior to Recruitment, that is). It’ll be my first spirit week, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to spend it with the ladies of the Theta Alpha chapter of ADPi.
This is all I have for you at this point. I head off to NW Missouri State University on Sunday to assist with Spirit Week (the week prior to Recruitment, that is). It’ll be my first spirit week, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to spend it with the ladies of the Theta Alpha chapter of ADPi.
I hope everyone’s school year is off to a great start. It definitely was weird not having a first day of class! I guess that means I am actually a part of the real world! Peace and love y’all!
I love that there are not one but TWO musical theater references in this post!!
ReplyDelete