Here’s a list of simple things that I strive to do on a regular basis.
I came here to Zeta Iota chapter at Georgia College & State University on Monday. Despite my nerves, I woke up bright and early on Monday morning, got ready with my girls, went through our morning routine (made Meggo watch the Today Show and drink coffee with me), and said good-bye to the girls that I had spent every waking minute with for the past 3 weeks. Yes, it was tough; however, I didn’t know what was waiting for me just down the road in Macon. Annie drove me and Emily down to Macon to meet our rides half way. We had lunch at Zaxby's with Mrs. Matthews and Elizabeth from Zeta Iota. As I said good-bye to Annie, Emily, and Mrs. Matthews, I realized that this was it. I was really on my way to my first visit. Elizabeth couldn’t have been a greater chauffer, especially in her sparkly clean car! We arrived in Milledgeville just an hour later to an empty ADPi house, but why, you say? Because it’s RECRUITMENT, of course. The two of us headed over to the parties where we jumped right in. Hello Philanthropy day! I met some girls between parties, but then was introduced to the entire chapter later. We went to supper that night at The Brick, which is the place mom and I went when we came to tour GCSU back in the day when I was looking for schools. It was of course quite yummy. The rest of the week went so well. We had Bid Day on Thursday, theme: "How Sweet it is to be an ADPi!" Super Cute (see below)! I am so proud of these women. They worked so hard this week, and they got a FABULOUS Alpha class. | The complete chapter with ALPHAS!!! |
| Zeta Iota's House on Bid Day |
Ok, so back to my list. I thought I had my bucket list written out, but then I came to GCSU. Do you know what Frat lapping is? Well let me explain. It’s when you drive around at night and people-watch. Well, yes, I LOVE people watching. Remember the trip to NYC, and I sat in the subway enamored? Anywhoo, so we did said Frat lapping last night. We jammed out while riding through Milley. Yes, my sweet dance moves made an appearance. Who knew something so simple could be such a blast. We should all let loose a little more often. Moral. Of. Story.
I head off tomorrow, and I really am going to miss the sistas of Zeta Iota. They have been such a wonderful first visit, and they have taught me so much. Hopefully I have imparted some of my knowledge on them too. I can’t wait to see what this chapter does this year!
L&L.

No comments:
Post a Comment