The above quote sums up my travels. Yes, I love my job, and I thoroughly enjoy the work I’m doing for Alpha Delts everywhere. I’m growing as a person and becoming more and more independent not to mention learning a lot about my country in the meantime. I didn’t, however, anticipate the adventures that I would encounter during my travels, ie. the unplanned fun.
Here I am on my last visit on the semester. Who knew time flew this quickly (yes, yes. You all told me it would, but again, I have to learn things for myself). I have had a wonderful semester, and I look forward to an equally (if not more) exciting 2nd semester starting in January. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I have decided to make a top ten list. First a recap of the schools I have visited:
1. Zeta Iota chapter, Georgia College and State University -Milledgeville, GA
2. Zeta Omega chapter, University of Central Florida-Orlando, FL
3. Delta Delta chapter, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, AR
4. Theta Alpha chapter, Northwest Missouri State University-Maryville, MO
5. Gamma Chi chapter, Texas Christian University-Ft. Worth, TX
6. Theta Kappa chapter, Florida Atlantic University-Boca Raton, FL
7. Eta chapter, University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa, AL
8. Theta Delta chapter, University of Delaware-Newark, DE
9. Zeta Chi chapter, Baylor University-Waco, TX
10. Gamma Upsilon chapter, North Texas University-Denton, TX
11. Eta Phi chapter, Furman University-Greenville, SC
12. Theta Zeta chapter, Washington and Lee University-Lexington, VA
13. Alpha Eta chapter, Kansas State University-Manhattan, KS
14. Tau chapter, University of Kansas-Lawrence, KS
15. Gamma Upsilon chapter, North Texas University-Denton, TX
Top Ten Unplanned Fun
10. Having my first marshmallow fluff and PB sandwich- Gamma Upsilon
9. Going to my first college pep rally-Delta Delta
8. Running across Baylor’s football field in the pouring rain-Zeta Chi
7. Going to the beach with Jenni and trying to have a conference call on the beach to make the other consultants jealous. Too bad that didn’t work. We were told no one could hear us from all of the wind, but hey, we were on the beach for 30 minutes.-Theta Kappa
6. Watching Beauty and the Beast on the big screen-Theta Delta
5. Going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Zeta Omega
4. Learning to “frat lap”-Zeta Iota
3. Going to football & basketball games-Gamma Chi (go FROGS!), Alpha Eta (go WILDCATS!), Tau (go JAYHAWKS!)
2. Started training for the Disney Half Marathon which means I have logged several miles running through all of the beautiful campuses. Favorite so far: the beautiful W&L
1. I have met so many amazing peopl this past year: chapter women, my consultant sisters, a pretty sweet boss, International officers, and more. I can’t wait to see what adventures lay ahead for me next semester.
Thank you for supporting me through this little adventure!
Visual Aids:
| Me and the TCU Horned Frog |
| Me and Jenni at Theta Kappa-Dream Team |
| Go Wildcats! K-State Basketball |
| Don't tell Alpha Eta that I went to a KU game. That was there only stipulation about me leaving. |
| In front of Tau's house all decorated for Christmas. I'll ignore the fact that this picture was taken before Thanksgiving. |
Oh, MK, you look just like Kathryn in that second picture! Really anytime you stick your chin out! ;-) Sounds like you're having a great time...and getting paid and getting to travel. Nice, sis. Way to go! See you soon!
ReplyDelete